Our cooperative program of automatic aid for structure fire response with Westland, Inkster and Wayne is proving highly successful, improving fireground safety in all participating communities. As a result of the program, improvements have been made in:
- Firefighter Accountability (tracking) systems in all communities
- Interagency communications
- Interagency firefighter survival training and operations
- Interagency Rapid Intervention Team (RIT) training and operations
Knox Box for Businesses
Knox Box is a requirement for businesses and the only authorized unit used in our city. It is a controlled access system. The Fire Department will only make entry in the event of a fire, alarm activation, medical emergency, or request by the business/property owner.
Contact the Fire Department to schedule a time for the Fire Department to install the entry key and for more information.
As a team of highly trained and dedicated professional Firefighter / Paramedics, it is our mission to provide the highest standard of service to all those who may seek our assistance. We are a service provider and we stand ready to provide fire suppression, fire prevention education, community risk reduction, rescue services, hazardous material response, urban search and rescue and emergency medical care and transport. We will faithfully provide these vital services, promptly and safely, to any person who resides in, works in, or visits the City of Garden City.
As a family of individuals committed to serving others, we will always provide for the welfare of our personnel through a healthy and rewarding work environment. We are dedicated to respect, integrity, compassion, and leadership amongst ourselves so that we may proudly serve others.
• We will strive to be a model of excellence in providing fire protection, emergency medical services, fire prevention education, community risk reduction, specialized rescue response and any other related services at the local, state and national levels.
• We will be an organization dedicated to continuous improvement in every detail of the services we provide.
• Our organization will foster the atmosphere of trust, involvement, innovation, creativity and accountability.
• We will be responsive to the needs and priorities of our community as identified by both the Fire Department and the residents.
• We value the faith and trust of the community, and continually work to deserve that confidence through our caring attitude, conduct, and accomplishments.
• We value and respect all members of our organization and support each individual’s efforts to achieve their highest potential.
• We value teamwork, honesty, respect, tolerance, and compassion.
• We value responsibility, integrity, initiative, and education.
• We value the pursuit of excellence.
• We value effectiveness, efficiency, and economy.
• We value an innovative environment which enhances the efficient delivery of emergency services.
• We value our ability to anticipate, influence and embrace change.