21st District Court
LIVE STREAMING OF COURT PROCEEDINGS
By order of this Court, no individual or entity, without first having the expressed written authorization of a Judge of the 21st District Court, shall copy, photograph, video record, audio record, alter, re-stream, rebroadcast, retransmit and/or duplicate the contents of any video that is streamed or published by this Court. Any violations of this Order shall be handled at the discretion of the presiding judge, and may result in contempt proceedings.
Watch the 21st District Court live here:
COVID-19 Emergency Operation Plan
March 23, 2020
Pursuant to the Michigan Supreme Court Order 2020-1, the 21st District Court will be closed to the public through Friday, July 31, 2020. To comply with this Administrative Order the court will only be hearing in-custody matters, essential felony matters, and State cases.
Payments can still be made during this time with the following payment options:
- Calling the court directly at (734) 793-1680 during Hours of Operation. Payments made in this manner must be made by credit card or debit card with a credit card logo (Visa, Mastercard, America Express, etc.) and the name on the card must match the name of the person submitting the payment.
- Online payments can be made by visiting www.govpaynow.com or via telephone by calling 1-888-604-7888. When prompted for a Pay Location Code, enter 3001.
- Mailing a check or money order payable to the 21st District Court at 6000 Middlebelt Road, Garden City, Michigan 48135. Please reference the case number on the check or money order.
- Placing a check or money order payable to the 21st District Court in the drop box outside of the Garden City City Hall/21st District Court building. The drop box is located on the north end of the building. Please reference the case number on the check or money order and place the payment in an envelope addressed to the 21st District Court, as the court shares the drop box with city hall.
Additional information regarding matters scheduled at the 21st District Court during this time:
- All Informal/Formal Hearings for civil infractions and ordinance cases will be adjourned for 30 days. Court will notify parties of new date.
- All Felony and Misdemeanor hearings where defendant is in-custody will continue as scheduled.
- Misdemeanor cases will be adjourned for approximately 30 days. Court will notify parties by phone and send new date by mail.
- All Jury trials are will be adjourned until after July 1, 2020.
- All General Civil, Small Claims, and Landlord-Tenant proceedings, including pretrials, trials, and motions, will be adjourned for approximately 30 days. Court will notify parties of new date.
- All scheduled Probation Appointments and Probation Violation Hearings will be adjourned for approximately 30 days. Court will notify parties by phone and send new date by mail. All AA/NA/mutual aid group meetings, community service, and M.A.D.D. Victim Impact Panel probation requirements are suspended during this time. Please contact the Probation Director if you have questions regarding probation matters by calling (734) 793-1688 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to contact the court, please call (734) 793-1680. Please be advised that court staff will be limited through July 31, 2020, or until further order of the Michigan Supreme Court. Also note that the court will close at 12:00 p.m. on Fridays during this time.