Simple Recycling

The City of Garden City works with Simple Recycling to pick up clothing and other small household items on your regular trash pick-up day. These items can be placed in the special bags that residents received in the spring of 2016 or can be placed in regular plastic trash bags that are labeled “Simple Recycling”

Simple Recycling offers this program at no cost to Garden City or our residents and Simple Recycling trucks follow your existing trash schedule.

This program is not intended to take donations away from any charities and residents are encouraged to continue to donate goods to our local charities. Approximatley only 15 % of all clothing and textiles is donated. The City’s partnership with Simple Recycling is designed to capture the other 85% of clothing that is thrown away.

Every ton of material diverted from the waste stream reduces Garden City’s cost at the landfill. Additionally, Garden City will be compensated for the material collected by Simple Recycling.

For a complete list of items that are accepted by this program, go to the Simple Recycling website.

This program is independent of regular trash pick and any paper, plastics, glass or metal recycling program.

If you need additional bags or want to find out more about what you can put out visit simplerecycling.com or call them at 866-835-5068.